So I started this blog. I'm not entirely sure what I think of blogs, to be honest. The idea of posting my own personal thoughts to the public without knowing that it will actually be read seems odd. I mean, I used to write in my journals as if I was addressing a reader, but I eventually realized that it was defying my purpose. What I really wanted to do was capture some aspect of my life and mind for future reference, so I suppose that I'm doing this for the same reason, so I won't forget. On one hand, the internet is a perfectly valid way to preserve my own writing, but I'm apprehensive about the thought of making it all public without knowing who will read it. Not that I'm uncomfortable with people reading what I write, just that this feels a bit like talking to myself when a stranger may be in the next room, ear pressed against the door. See what I mean? Oh dear, there it is again. Maybe I'm just embarrassed at the thought of all of this. Talking about yourself to the infinite vacuum of the world wide web seems like a testament to our insignificance (which is always a good observation to end longwinded soliliquizing with). Anyway, to conlude this, if you are reading this, please comment. I promise I won't think you are creepy or anything, and I would love to hear from you.
My advice - just do it! If you don't like it, you can always pull the site down, no harm done. If you like it, bonus. Plus, you never know who might end up looking over your shoulder... Cheers to discovering wonderful fiction!
ReplyDelete