Tuesday, June 16, 2009

music and room cleaning

The first CD I ever owned was "Pete Seeger's Greatest Hits" which most likely was given to me by my father. Yesterday while cleaning our my room, I revisited a few old CD's of mine including Pete Seeger's and Big Science by Laurie Anderson. It certainly brought back some memories. Anyway, while cleaning my room I made some good finds: a blue pen stolen from my mean science teacher, poetry from when I was 10, a little silk pouch of beautiful beads, a children's book that used to creep me out featuring a solitary bear. It strikes me how much of a pack rat I am. I'm really reluctant to throw away old doodles and school work, even though I know that I'll only look at it when I'm on my next cleaning purge. Then I'll have to read through all my papers and try my best to throw a few away. I have to keep reminding myself that I won't lose my memories or identity if I just throw a few things away! This seems to have been the theme of my two entires so far: desire to preserve memories. I promise thats not all I think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment